Salon owners need more than generic advice. They need a trusted partner who can educate them and help them implement customized solutions.
Many salon owners know how to deliver the services their business offers but have no idea how to actively manage the business itself. Even fewer understand the enormous challenges salon businesses face. Unfortunately, this lack of understanding causes many salon owners to make numerous costly mistakes, setting their business up for failure before they even open the doors.
As a salon business consultant and strategist, I specialize in helping salon owners and independent operators develop a new way of thinking, eliminating their insecurities and teaching them to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of owning their own business.
I operate differently than most beauty industry consulting firms.
Whereas other firms encourage their clients to commit to them for long terms and require hefty retainer fees up-front, my consulting packages are designed to be informative and effective in the least amount of time possible. Ongoing support is available, but I have no desire to function as your salon manager by proxy (I already have two of my own to manage, thank you very much). My goal is to identify problems, devise solutions, and facilitate implementation of those solutions in the shortest amount of time possible so you can get back to running your business.
You don’t have to sign any plans, agree to months of weekly meetings, invest in expensive “systems,” attend any “mandatory leadership summits,” or deal with ongoing pestering of any kind. As a salon owner myself, I understand better than most that we don’t have time for any of that garbage.
My job is to tell you the truth, whether you like it or not.
Chances are, you already know what to expect from me, but if you don’t, here’s a quick overview:
- An effective consultant isn’t your friend. I won’t say what you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Some of these things won’t be easy to swallow but will need to be acknowledged and corrected.
- An effective consultant is thorough. I research every client’s business prior to the appointment. If your appointment includes a pre-consult evaluation or assessment, the odds are good that I’ll present more questions, suggestions, and observations than you will have prepared yourself.
- An effective consultant is honest about their limitations. It’s rare, but if I don’t know the answer to one of your questions or have a solution to a problem we’ve identified, I will find and direct you to a reputable source (like a link to a precedent or statute) or refer you to the appropriate specialist (like an attorney).
- An effective consultant is trustworthy. I understand how sacred our businesses and careers are and how hard it can be to seek advice and implement strategies that may fall outside of our comfort zones. I don’t take my responsibility to you lightly. I never advise anyone to do anything I wouldn’t do myself if I were in their position.
[Great for new clients!] Don’t know where to start when it comes to planning your salon? This two-hour appointment is great for discussing your startup-related questions. Startup Consulting includes a pre-appointment business plan analysis and local market evaluation.
[Great for new clients!] Has your journey as a business owner been a little too rocky for comfort? This two-hour consulting appointment is specifically for discussing your salon’s challenges and potential methods for overcoming them. Turnaround Consulting includes a pre-appointment business analysis and local market evaluation.
[Best for existing clients. General Consulting does not include any pre-appointment research or evaluations.] This appointment is for a single hour of general consulting. For additional hours, book additional appointments. Appointments exceeding two hours require my approval and may need to be divided or rescheduled, depending on my availability.
Policies & Terms
No Ongoing Contracts
Currently, I’m unable to commit to project work (startup/turnaround ongoing support, handbook drafting, service protocol design, financial structuring, etc.) and will not be offering work agreements.
Cancellations, Late Arrivals, and No-Shows
Cancellations must be made at least 24-hours in advance. Clients who cancel with less than 24-hour notice and clients who no-show will not be refunded any portion of their appointment deposit, and will likely lose the ability to make appointments with me in the future.
Because I work on an appointment-only basis on a strict hourly schedule, clients who arrive late to conferences will not be granted additional time, nor will they be refunded any portion of their appointment deposit for the missed time.
I am prompt. Barring an actual emergency, I expect you to be too.
I am an independent contractor with respect to you and your business and not an agent, partner, or employee of you or your business. I am solely responsible for payment of income, social security, and other employment taxes due to the proper taxing authorities. You will not deduct such taxes from any payments to me, nor will I expect you to make any contributions to the same.
- I am required to disclose any outside interests that conflict or may conflict with the best interest of you or your business.
- I am not an attorney, CPA, tax professional, mental health counselor, or employee/representative of any outside business. Discussions that skirt legal issues should be interpreted as opinions. Legal information shared will always come with the necessary references. If you desire legal advice, tax advice, or relationship advice, you will seek qualified professionals for it as this work falls far outside my pay grade.
- You maintain control of all decisions and should reject advice you do not agree with.
- You understand that I cannot control the market, the economy, your actions or the actions of others, or future events and therefore cannot be held responsible for any negative outcomes. I will not be liable to you or your business for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental losses or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings, or other costs, charges, penalties, or liquidated damages.
You recognize that I will have access to business affairs, financial information, personal information, future plans, and other proprietary information (collectively, “Information”) which are valuable, special, and unique assets of your business and need to be protected from improper disclosure. In consideration for the disclosure of the Information, I agree that I will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use any Information for my own benefit, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner any Information to any third party without your prior written consent, excluding that information which will become available to the general public. I will protect the Information and treat it as strictly confidential. This includes the nature of our relationship and my role in shaping your business.