Get both Know Your Rights courses for one low price!
Part 1: Foundations
Did you leave beauty school with more questions than answers? Prepare yourself to enter the salon workforce with this online, video-based crash course in employment rights, salon compensation, and much more.
- What are the differences between employees, independent contractors, and renters?
- What are the pros and cons of employment versus self-employment?
- What are the most common compensation options for beauty workers and which is best for me?
- What are the most common abuses and how can I ensure that I won’t be taken advantage of?
- What do I say and do when an employer violates my rights?
Part 2: Contracts
In this second installment of Know Your Rights, you’ll learn everything you need to know about contracts, including how to read and negotiate rental and employment agreements and how to identify exploitative and outright illegal terms.
- What are the three types of restrictive covenants in the beauty industry?
- What does a proper apprenticeship or training agreement look like?
- What terms should be included in a rental lease agreement?
- What are some red flags to look out for when reviewing a contract?
- How do you negotiate a contract?
- What happens when someone breaks the deal and how do I avoid breaching an agreement myself?
These courses are entirely video-based, so all you need is a computer, tablet, or phone with an internet connection! The provided downloads are PDFs. To read them, you will require an application capable of viewing PDF files (like Adobe Acrobat). Most computers and tablets come with them already installed. Older model smartphones might require an app. (I prefer the Kindle app because it saves your documents to your Kindle library.)
NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS
Because of the instant availability of the courses and downloads, all sales are final. If you have any pre-purchase questions that aren’t answered in the item listing, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that I only reply to emails Monday-Friday during business hours. Thanks!